Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tranquil Morning

(I see you!)

This has got to be one of the best mid-spring mornings, where the world is calm and peaceful and the light is bright and clear.  There are no clouds in the sky, and the temperature is just about 63 degrees with a light dew on the ground and the smell of hay and new grass and young plants in the air.

(Every girl needs a perch)

The puppies are playing nicely together with a stick that they found, and teasing each other with little pupply gruffle-sounds.

(Mine!  Mine! Share? Ok!)

These are my favorite sort of days that begin like this, and the animals are all gentle of spirit, with the does relaxing in some of their favorite places while the kids gently butt heads and play on every high surface they can find, and try to ride the donkeys who willingly oblige by standing next to the now elevated kids.

(How 'bout a ride?)


With luck, we'll  come home from the days adventures in another time and place (ok, the Renaissance Festival) and find equal peace and contentment!

(I'm so above all of the shenanigans)

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures and all the neat stuff you write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started writing, I didn't realize how nice it would be to have someone read and comment on my little remarks and stories and recipes. Thank you so much! :) You've made my day!

    ReplyDelete