Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is There Life Out There?

Sometimes, when I am particularly frustrated with the daily grind of the office job that supports my real life, it occurs to me to wonder if there is more to life itself.  Then, when I get home to the kids and the farm, it comes back to me that THAT is real life. 

Taking care of their worries, sicknesses, injuries - and the payoff is the home and farm full of love and happiness and green grass, burbling creek, and the occasional pounding of hooves as the donkeys tear up the turf in a rousing run around the pasture.  The sleepy good mornings from the kids, who are not little anymore but still greet the day that way, and the quiet behehehe of the goats when it's feeding time are the best way to start any day. 

That is what real life is - and the ability to make so many of our own things: cheeses, soaps, growing our salads, sewing our pajama pants, brewing our own beer and wine, building the barn ourselves out of reclaimed materials, trimming the animals hooves and lavishing all of the above, and more, with all the love in my heart. 

Ok, so there is life out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment