Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summertime

As far as Texas summers go, this one isn't too bad.  We've seen record highs in some years, and record number of days over 100 in others.  This one is just an average summer. 

Only about a month so far with temperatures averaging over 100, and not many more weeks of it to go before we are back down in the nineties.  Mornings are becoming a pleasure again, rather than waking up to a barn already 90 degrees inside, and milking in a 110 degree barn of an evening.

With the coming period of cooler temperatures, my thoughts turn to what we need to accomplish with the cooler weather. 

We need to re-hang a gate, and we need to do a little project building outside. In October, we should plant a few shrubs and put in a lightweight fence around them so the dogs won't dig them back up (like they did my photinias!) 

Dreams of cooler weather do make me smile!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back. I hope you and all your animals will not have any bad effects from the heat. I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am seriously considering breaking the blog into different sections - barn, cooking, garden, animal care, random items. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete