Sunday, July 8, 2012

A TRUCK AGAIN!

A few months ago, we were faced with the decision of either repairing my poor old truck that I personally put nearly 270,000 miles on, or trade it in.  I bought it with 17 miles and put all of those miles on it over a period of 14 years.  I was attached. 

With its age and high miles we traded it in, and got an SUV that we could put a hitch on.  (Not new this time.)

No sooner than the plates arrived it started demonstrating electrical problems and then spent a week not even turning over.  A week not running and a week back at the dealership that we bought it from, and many phone calls and furious moments later, they traded it back and we got a truck!  YAY!

Now that the ordeal is over, I can say how much I missed having a truck and this one suits my needs perfectly.  We have 3 kids, and having a second set of doors makes me phenomenally happy as does having a real truck bed, and a tow hitch package already on it.  HOORAY FOR MY TRUCK!



Pardon me, I'm having a Dr. Seuss moment -
Oh the hay it will haul
and the feed that we need...
the camping we will see
and the fence rolls that will be! 

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad for you. I think the truck would be a better farm vehicle than a SUV. it's a nice color, too.

    ReplyDelete