Saturday, September 29, 2012

Aw Rain....

The rain started last night, and we do indeed need it.  The pasture and barnyard are a sodden quagmire of mud that will suck the boots right off our feet.  I'm not complaining, because we really do need the rain - but it has made for a sleepy day and I've been too busy to take advantage of it for more than 30 minutes before the evening feeding took place. 

And we discovered the barn roof has a leak right above the milking stand.  We'll get this taken care of, and in the meantime ... well, I'll leave the hood up on my rain jacket. :) 

I do love the soft sweet smell of a rainy barnyard!

1 comment:

  1. I really love reading your blog. You seem to make the best out of everything. More people should be that way. I hope your roof isn't hard to fix.

    ReplyDelete