Friday, April 12, 2013

One of Those Rare Moments

Spring has sprung with a force, and with it comes the quickening of life.  There has been fence to set, and hooves to trim, and plants to be planted, and oh so much more.   The hectic pace is wearing on me at times, but we make the best of it. 

Last night, as I stood in the kitchen preparing to make a batch of "Kyle's Nekkid Soap" (a goat milk soap with no colorants and no scents added - just nekkid) and my husband and two out of the three kids came in the front door and brought a fresh wave of activity with them I had an unexpected moment of peace.  I smiled at them and watched the influx of busy and turned my head to look out the back door at the animals. 

They had already been fed and milked, and hay had been served and the water tank had been topped off.  The pasture grasses are coming in green and gorgeous, and the back yard is out of control with new growth when I saw Lulu and Balvenie out in the back corner of the pasture just beginning to amble toward the barnyard through the evening light.  As they came up through the pasture, the goats angled toward them and as a group they slowly made their way up to the barn. 

I was so taken by the peace of this moment that I left my preparations and walked out onto the deck to simply enjoy the tranquility of the moment.  The temperature was cool and the evening sun was clear and beautiful. 

A moment to be treasured.

1 comment:

  1. I love your farm and the way you describe it makes it feel like I'm watching a movie. I love nature, too.

    ReplyDelete