Friday, February 24, 2012

A First for Zentopia Acres



Upon the urging of friends (and a few foes) I've decided it's time to start a little blog about our tiny Texas farm.  There is always that moment when you begin writing about your own place that makes you wonder if any readers really want to know this stuff about your farm and your life.  Then I realized I needed this for me.  Much like the farm. 

Our tiny, and by tiny I mean only 3 acres, of Texas country land is populated by our family of 5, with our 5 dogs, 2 cats, plethora of chickens, a beginning dairy goat herd (consisting currently of two does, and two kids) and a pair of guard donkeys.  Yes - my mother / daughter pair of donkeys are my livestock guardians!  That was a rocky start, which I'll tell more about later.

We are learning the art of crafting goat cheeses, and perfecting the art of our goat milk soap.  So far, only the soaps will be for sale - though some far away future may bring a change to that plan.  If I break into a ridiculous song about "I have a dream" just be thankful you aren't near enough to hear me!  But, I digress - it is a dream, and we work hard to make it come to fruition. 

For now, our little slice of earthy life is our Zen.  We are earthy to start with (I like building mud ovens for example), and living closer to nature.  If everyone experienced a little more Zen in their lives, what a wonderful world it would be. 

Next up - How the hell did we get here?  And why?

No comments:

Post a Comment